The following is a summary of the steps needed to apply for the CAPM® Exam (full details are documented in the CAPM® Handbook available at www.pmi.org )
- Determine your eligibility to take the exam (see below)
- Create an account with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® at the www.pmi.org website
- Sign up for PMI® membership (optional)
- Fill out and submit the online application for the Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM)® exam
- Receive acceptance from PMI® (they usually take a week to review your application)
- Pay the exam fees (currently US$225 for members or US$300 for non-members)
- (At any point until now you may be randomly audited in which case you will need to complete the audit steps before continuing)
- Receive approval from PMI® allowing you to schedule the exam (they will send you an eligibility code)
- Schedule your test (either an online proctored exam or at a test centered administered by Pearson Vue) using your eligibility code.
- Take the test at the location, date and time that you had scheduled
There are no set dates for taking the CAPM® exam. You can schedule the exam for any date and time that is suitable for you, subject to availability.
Eligibility Requirements to take the CAPM® exam
Prerequisite: Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree or the global equivalent) In addition to the above you must meet one of the following criteria:
• 1,500 hours of project experience
• 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam.
The CAPM® Exam
The PMP® exam itself is 3 hours long and you have to answer 150 challenging multiple-choice questions that will test your knowledge of PMI® principles and the PMI® framework. All 150 questions are selected at random when the exam starts and are non-adaptive. There are no sections. After you have completed the exam you will receive the results immediately and a pass means that you are CAPM® certified and can use the CAPM® designation immediately.
At 1st Choice Project Management Training we are fully focused on helping you pass your exam.
Copyright © 1997–2021 1st Choice Project Management Training. All rights reserved.
PMP, CAPM, PMI and PMBOK are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI R.E.P Provider ID: 4302